Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Do You Know My Name????

                                                          Do you know my name?
                                                 Or that I like to play board games?
 
                                          Have you ever noticed the color of my eyes?
                                      Or ever wondered what I have hidden deep inside?
 
                                                       Yes, I have a favorite color.
                                   And sometimes, I just long to hide under the covers.
 
                                                 I desire for someone to take my hand.
                                              And be my true friend until the very end.
 
I love long walks under the stars.
 And taking cross country trips in the car.
 
 Have you ever noticed my hunger?
 Or that I am not getting any younger?
 
 I silently try to follow my destiny.
Yet, still I ponder my own testimony.
 
 Do you see how I wish to give?
 Or that it can be difficult, just to live?
 
Do you want to know my greatest wish?
 It is to receive, one sweet kiss.
 It wouldn't go amiss.
 Instead, it would feel like wonderful bliss.
 
You give me a hug.
 Then sweep me under the rug.
 
Sometimes you shake my hand.
Then carry on, down the land.
 
Some of you kiss my cheek.
 But you don't really take any notice of me.
 
You may ask how I am, as you nod your head.
Then turn to the next man.
 
The words love you, can seem so untrue.
 How about you?
 Or haven't you ever noticed me too?
 
 I hate goodbyes.
They make me cry.
 I like to sleep on my right side.
 
 I take my coffee with sugar and cream.
 And I need help interpreting my dreams.
 I have a heart, and when it is struck by a fiery dart.
 It can be torn all apart.
 
 I am still searching for my place.
 How I yearn for my Saviour's face.
 In this world it is so hard to find a trace.
 But I ache for a sweet embrace.
 
You might call me sister.
 But Mister, I think you are missing the whole picture.
 
 Everyone needs a gentle touch.
 It can be such a sweet rush.
 But instead under such weight,
 I feel like I may be crushed.
 
We are to love our God.
 With all of our hearts,
all of our souls,
 all of our minds,
 and all of our strength.
Just as importantly,
 we are to love our neighbors, as we love ourselves.
 
Have you ever noticed me?
 Or am I just someone you can't see?
 
 I too have a voice.
 And you have a choice.
Will you help me to rejoice?
 
 Together, it would be easy to bring joy,
 to every girl and boy.
 
 To love, you must go deep.
 I repeat, dig deep.
This information, you must keep.
 Some things, will take a giant leap.
 Listen to every peep.
 Love Me, and love you will reap.
 Let My words seep.
 Be the one, to whom, they can weep.
 
 Do you know my name?
 Or that I like to play board games?

No comments:

Post a Comment