Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Love, Want, And Need....

I loved you when you were little.
I will love you when you become old and brittle.
I love the way your face lights up when you are behind the griddle.
I will love your beautiful face when it starts to dribble.
I love the look you get when you are contemplating a riddle.
I love the way you just have to fiddle.
I have loved you through every quibble.
And I will love you when you find it hard to walk toward the middle.
I love the way your voice sounds when you give a little, tittle.
I will love you every time  you choose to just piddle.
I love you when you are savoring every vittle.
I will always love you, especially when you no longer have the strength to whittle.

I wanted you when you were blue.
I will want you when you find it difficult to be true.
I wanted you when you didn't hear My cue.
And I will want you when you can not see My clue.
I want you when you are not parked in a pew.
I will want you each and every time I have to woo.
I want you every time your heart feels covered in goo.
I will want you every time I have to open a new bottle of glue.
I wanted you when your tears were few.
I'll want you when you cry so many tears, they will cover the ground like dew.
Oh, how I desperately wanted you, when you flew.
And how could I not want you every time I wash you brand new.
I wanted you with a cloudy hue.
I want you with a clear view.
I have always wanted you.
I will always want you.
I just want you to want Me too.

You needed Me in the dark.
You will always need Me in your heart.
Truly, you needed Me for every fiery dart.
You will need Me for every stroll through the park.
You will need Me to keep you safe from every bark.
You will need Me to make sure nothing is too hard or harsh.
Not even a playful lark.
You will need Me to push your cart.
Most definitely, you will need Me,
 to make sure you do not swallow anything too tart.
But mostly you need to know,
I have made My mark and I will never part.

No comments:

Post a Comment