Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Looking Glass!!!!

If we could only look into our past,
Oh wait, I think I see mine inside this glass.
How long will it last?
Will it disappear too fast?

I see a dirt road covered by trees.
For some unknown reason it brings me to my knees.


You see there is this very young child,
who looks scared and wild.
It appears to me that this brief reverie is not going to be mild.

As I stared harder.
I realized, oh my goodness,
that's her father.

I quietly thought to myself.
Do I really want to view the rest?
Something inside of me cried, maybe it would be best.

So in my misery, I watched the rest of the scene.
Even though, I thought it would be in vain.
It became quite plain.
That it wasn't the same.
He had a new name.

You see, as the little girl spun around,
her grey eyes wide with fright.
The clouds broke and down shown the light.
With His face bright, He looked at me and said.
Nancy, I am not all the hurt and bad,
 that has made you so scared and sad.
I am your Father,
I am not here to hurt you, but to love you.
So please, do not flee.
Trust Me, I have already set you free.
Look harder into My heart.
You and I are not far apart.

My beautiful child, who is lovely and wild.
If you will only look closely into My eyes.
You will see My past, became your looking glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment