Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

How could I forget!

How could I forget you?  Sitting in your pew.
Praying for My cleansing dew.  Seeking a new view.
So afraid I won't hear My cue.
Terrified your heart will never be new.
All because your doubts are more than a few.
I'm giving you more than a clue.
My love for you has always been true.
This I promise too.
My child, I have never forgotten you.

If I answer the monkey's pleas.
 With the berries and the leaves.
What makes you think I wouldn't answer thee.

When your stomach cries out, oh please.
Do I not give you honey from the bees?
And fruit from My trees?

When I covered the cows with leather.
To keep them safe from the wheather
Did I not remember you, when I gave you the animals to tether?
Which is much better than just a feather, or the cows leather.

When this land suffers a great thirst.
Do I not send a drenching burst,
So that you may be quenched first?
I will never forget that your body needs to be nursed.

You are always in my thoughts.
There is no need to look so fraught.
For this I have fought.
That your mind would be taught.
Your every need has already been bought.
You I have never forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment